GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSITION TO BUY-SIDE & ASSIST TEAM WITH BUILDING ORGANIZATION AT SF-BASED HEDGE FUND
Please note – funds in SF work east coast market hours (start at 5:30am). If you are interested in the position, we require a brief cover letter stating your interest (resumes alone are not likely to get a response)
Fast growing public equities hedge fund has a dual role:
(1) Organization-side responsibilities: Includes assisting with trading activities, portfolio analytics, firm compliance, and general administrative tasks (tasks go from very simple regular tasks to fairly complicated)
(2) Investment-side responsibilities: Includes assisting investment team with maintaining valuation models, news monitoring, investment process organization, and one-off projects
The firm is grow quickly. You will work in a tight team and report directly to the co-founder / COO.
Your motivation will drive ability to take increased responsibility and see additional upside.
Benefits include healthy in-office meals and a creative and enjoyable firm culture.
Desired Skills & Experience
(cover description for why you think you would be a good fit is strongly recommended)
Ideal person has a background at a large accounting firm, has experience with public filings, and an overwhelmingly strong desire to join the buy side.
- College background in engineering, finance, or related, with graduation GPA 3.5 or greater from well-respected university.
- 2-5 years of work experience in a finance / accounting-related role
- Strong knowledge of public company accounting (experience with filings, knowledge of balance sheet valuation)
- CPA seen favorably (CFA also positive)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must
- Desire / motivation to be in public markets & work in dynamic team environment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Communication / team-skills
- Can work quickly / efficiently & multi-task