The purpose of the Long short equity research role is to maximize the investment strategies and purposes of the portfolio’s return. By working alongside senior portfolio managers (PM) specifically attuned to changing market conditions, research is critical to the improvement of existing and new multi-strategies. This is a highly technical investment strategy research driven team who need a very specialist researcher to boost portfolio performance within their front office buy side Boston based team.
Location: Boston, USA.
• Perform long short equity analysis and research on multi strategy portfolio investment strategies.
• Using research on practical and theoretical investment portfolios to maximize them.
• Analyze & research fundamental and technical factors within asset allocation i.e. testing factors.
• Work with Portfolio mangers (PMs) to maximize P&L and improve multi-strategy approach.
• Carry out both statistical and econometric driven research to maximize returns.
• Generating new research ideas to enhance performance.
• 1-4 years asset management long short investment strategy portfolio research exposure.
• A proven track record covering daily portfolio research and management.
• Should have CFA and strong academics.
• Any additional proven track record of research work to further emphasize your abilities and specialism would be advantageous i.e. white papers or investment focused publications.
• Have a problem solving mentality as well as strong analytical intuition.
• Able to communicate and interact with the business effectively.
In return they are offering:
• A huge opportunity to attain significant progression within a leading multi-strategy investment strategy driven firm.
• Very profitable and exciting econometrics & statistical investment research buy side exposure.
• Direct impact on a growing business sector and market that ultimately means hands on exposure.
• Excellent opportunity to be groomed into becoming a portfolio manager one day.
• Career advancement and competitive compensation structure.
This is an immediate hire, interviews are to begin soon and early application is advised. GQR also welcomes tentative enquiries from suitably qualified individuals.
Confidentiality and utmost discretion is 100% assured.
Key Words: long short equity research, fundamental and technical factors, implementing factors, equity portfolio strategies, statistical analysis, econometrics statistical driven investment portfolio research Group, white paper research, CFA, short selling, testing factors.