Investment Associate for Largest Canadian Pension-
investments in bonds, other interest bearing assets and publicly traded equities.
As one of Canada’s largest pensions [Private, PVTmandate] provides pension services to more than 400,000 active and retired members and over 900 employers. [Private, PVTmandate] has over $55.0 billion dollars in assets under management invested in four asset classes: public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. Approximately 58.0% of those assets are invested within [Private, PVTmandate] Capital Markets.
[pvt] has a small but growing Hedge Fund program that is looking to continue to expand its presence globally.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director, Hedge Fund Management, the Junior Associate, Hedge Fund Management will be based out of New York and will be responsible for assisting the Hedge Fund Management team in the overall management of [pvt]’s Hedge Fund portfolio program.
• Support the Hedge Fund team in researching and monitoring external Hedge Fund managers.
• Assist in the monitoring of a number of [Private, PVTmandate]’ current Hedge Fund investments including collecting information and maintaining reports.
• Assist with the overall management of [pvt]’s Hedge Fund portfolio by supporting activity with [pvt] Toronto-based operations, legal, risk and Hedge Fund teams.
• Develop and maintain a high level of current knowledge of Hedge Fund investment management firms and their product offerings including researching individual Hedge Fund managers and Hedge Fund strategies and conducting general investment market research.
• Analyze Hedge Fund investment portfolios using quantitative methods and software.
• Attend manager research meetings and take notes as required.
• Effectively communicate internally within [pvt] and build external relationships externally with Hedge Fund managers and stakeholders.
• May be required to periodically conduct administrative duties for the small New York Hedge Fund Office such as printing and scanning of documents and electronic filing.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of investment experience with at least some dedicated experience in hedge funds. Relevant experience could be from the investment or operations side of an institutional investor, hedge fund-of-funds, consultant or hedge fund.
• Strong academic background and Bachelors Degree preferably in the field of Economics, Business Studies, Finance or Mathematics.
• Graduate degree is an asset.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated ability to learn advanced investment software packages.
• Self starter – able to initiate own projects.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Very strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
• Highly developed interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Action-oriented and forward thinker with a high degree of initiative and ability to deliver results.
• High ethical standards and good team player.
For consideration please send your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org –
You can also submit your profile by clicking here