Multi Billion $ global equity l/s Hedge Fund is now looking for a PM to join their Hong Kong office. They have a bottom-up, deep value investing style and are looking for a PM with a strong track record to join their Hong Kong team.
• The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for investing in public companies in the All Asia market including Japan. You will be a “generalist” investor who is comfortable investing in a variety of industries.
• The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the investment process including idea generation, business and financial due diligence, industry analysis, financial modeling, management assessment and on-going monitoring of investments made.
• You will need to demonstrate a minimum of 5+ years Portfolio Management experience. This will ideally be in an equity long / short Hedge Fund environment. Prior experience from a top tier Private Equity or Consulting firm would be viewed positively, although the current portfolio management experience will be essential.
• A strong academic performance will also be important, ideally including an MBA and/or CFA.
• You will need to possess a long-term, value oriented investment approach using a data-driven thought process designed to understand the key business drivers that will impact a company’s long-term financial results.
• Deep investment / business experience in All Asia / Japan and a knowledge of local industries, along with a global investing perspective. Experience in the consumer/ industrial sectors in particular is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English), along with financial modelling.
• Our client would appreciate fluency in English along with Mandarin, Cantonese and / or Japanese.
If you feel you have the skills and background our client would appreciate, this is a very real opportunity for a top calibre, value investor to join a very highly regarded global Hedge Fund with outstanding performance over the last decade.